tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: server.xml configuration
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 14:07:41 GMT
> From: gjj391 [mailto:gjj391@gmail.com]
> Subject: server.xml configuration
>
> I seem to have a bit of a issue when installing railo in
> tomcat.

Don't suppose you'd care to tell us which version of Tomcat?

I am using mod_jk to bypass apache and have tomcat serve everything.

Then why bother with httpd at all?

>  <Host appBase="webapps/railo" name="gj-dev.com">
>           <Alias>www.gj-dev.com</Alias>
>           <Context path="" docBase=""/>
>   </Host>

The above is illegal on any Tomcat level: a webapp's docBase must never be the same as the
<Host> appBase.  If you're running on any reasonably recent version of Tomcat, you should
not be putting any <Context> elements in server.xml; they belong in each webapp's META-INF/context.xml
file.  Also, to specify the default webapp, name it ROOT (case sensitive).  Your config should
look like this:

  <Host appBase="webapps" name="gj-dev.com">
    <Alias>www.gj-dev.com</Alias>
  </Host>

(You may want to put back the unpackWARs, xmlValidation, and xmlNamespaceAware attributes.)
 The defaultHost attribute for the surrounding <Engine> must point to a valid <Host>;
does it?  BTW, if you have only one <Host> element, there's no need to change the name
from localhost or add any aliases.

Your file structure should be this:

  tomcat/
    webapps/
      ROOT/
        index.cfm
        WEB-INF
          test/
            test.cfm

Since you don't have any useful attributes for the <Context> element, you don't need
one.

 - Chuck