tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Why can NOT run Tomcat on my Laptop
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2008 18:52:15 GMT
> From: IceManPat [mailto:patrickstudy@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Why can NOT run Tomcat on my Laptop
>
> C:\>set JAVA_HOME =D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07

The problem is you have a space before the equals sign; that makes the environment variable
"JAVA_HOME " (note the trailing space), rather than "JAVA_HOME".  Take the space out.

Despite Martin G's dire warning, spaces in the value of JAVA_HOME are not a problem; spaces
at the end of the environment variable name are.

 - Chuck