tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: application deployment issue, Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 13:38:52 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: application deployment issue, Tomcat 5.5
>
> I am still a bit puzzled by the sequence of events below though.
> First it writes that the WAR file is invalid or unreadable, then 10
> seconds later it mentions a logging properties permission problem.

Obviously, Tomcat is running at faster-than-light speed, so cause and effect are no longer
ordered...

Seriously, I've never figured out why log entries sometimes seem to be displayed non-sequentially
and occasionally with significant time gaps between ones that must have occurred nearly simultaneously.

> Another funny bit is that it mentions the permissions problem
> with a file WEB-INF/classes/logging.properties, which in fact
> is not in the WAR file.

Even if it's not there, JULI has to check for it, in case it contains settings that override
the global ones.

Good catch on finding the real cause.

 - Chuck