tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: adding servlet definition to context on the fly :Tomcat 5.5
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 04:23:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Johnny Kewl" <john@kewlstuff.co.za>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2008 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: adding servlet definition to context on the fly :Tomcat 5.5

A little more homework... would actuall be much easier if we saw the code...
but the only thing that I can find in TC that is doing more or less what he
"may" be doing is in the invoker servlet...

looks like this....
                    wrapper = context.createWrapper();
                    wrapper.setName(name);
                    wrapper.setLoadOnStartup(1);
                    wrapper.setServletClass(servletClass);
                    context.addChild(wrapper);
                    context.addServletMapping(pattern, name);

So if is calling  addChild on StandardWrapper... he has no chance..
If his calls look something like the above... then its possible that invoker
servlet is active on TC 4 and its not on TC 5...
Possibly he has to turn on invoker servlet?

In either case... its open heart surgery that I dont even see in embedded
TC....

Ram if you dont come right... post your code can we can see for sure what
you doing... we as curious as hell ;)

The only real POJO Application Server.