tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Communicating between webapps
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 20:49:52 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.leon@googlemail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: Communicating between webapps

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Johnny Kewl <john@kewlstuff.co.za> wrote:
>>
>> I'm very much for the KISS principle... if you dont need it, dont use
>> it...
>> nothing is more powerful that POJO (plain old Java).
>> Thing is KISS does not mean novice... you'll find only the guys that have
>> been around for a while can really KISS ;)
>>

> just a side note Johnny,
> you need a container for something that can be done without, how is that
> KIS(S)?

I'm just saying that I think a lot of time people lock themselves into
complex technology, additional containers, whatever, and if they had just
thought about it, done it slightly differently, they would have done it all
in a little old webapp...
Not into driving a CV and sending poor admin people to the funny farm...
kind of thing.
Simple as possible is best... if you dont have to use an additional
container, dont, whether that be mine or yours... I think

The only real POJO Application Server.