tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@kjkoster.org>
Subject Re: Another confused person trying to get jconsole to monitor tomcat.
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:26:16 GMT
Dear Mark,

> I got bitten by this recently. I am working on a LifecycleListener
> (that
> can be configured in server.xml) that fixes both ports that are used
> by
> jconsole. This makes it much easier to configure firewalls, tunnel
> through
> PuTTY etc.
>
> If I get it finished in time, it will be in 6.0.19+. If not, a later
> version. Keep an eye on the change log and/or the dev list.

Since you are knowledgeable in the sources for Tomcat, are you aware
of any programmatic way to register the Catalina mbeans? I'd like to
do so from code, without specifying any command line options.

For JBoss I found a special JMXserver class that I can load using
reflection. Is there such a thing for Tomcat?
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin
Disraeli