tomcat-users mailing list archives

From thufir <hawat.thu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hello world
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 03:36:43 GMT
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:10:20 -0400, Steve Ochani wrote:

>> Now rather than recriminating at aeternum, does anyone know how to
>> track down said packager, so that maybe he could come here and see the
>> errors of his ways, or at least explain his logic here ? Same as for
>> Debian Tomcat5.5 itself, I haven't a clue where to start.

Wouldn't this be the starting place?  Yeah, I'm a tad bitter at wasting
my time.

> I remember a while back someone from Ubuntu posting on this list stating
> that if someone needs help getting their tomcat package working that the
> person should ask in their forums.

that kinda makes sense.

> So that might be a place to start
> looking for the packager or at least someone who can answer why the
> packages are so ... non functional.

I got tomcat working satisfactorily by following:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux/installing-tomcat-6-on-ubuntu/

I haven't fully tested it, but I did set up a manager role and so forth.

For the life of me, I can't see why the incredibly simple how-to is
*not* what synaptic does under ubuntu.  They should just remove
it from synaptic.

By the way, I thought that the JAVA_HOME environment variable
was passe?

I'm going to make a post to the ubuntu mailing list asking "why?".

-Thufir