tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Mast" <jhmast.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject specifying a custom access log pattern
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:00:32 GMT
Hi, I was wondering what the exact syntax for specifying a custom access log
pattern in the server.xml is.

Here is a snippet from which contains my custom format:

                <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValue"
                    prefix="foo."
                    suffix=".accesslog"
                    directory="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/context_logs/"
                    pattern="%h %t %m "%U" %H %s %b "%{User-Agent}i"
"%{Referer}i" %D %I" />

my question is: how should a I handle the nested double quotes in the
pattern attribute?  How should i escape them?

I presume as-is, this will cause Tomcat quite some trouble.

thanks,
Tomcat 5.5