tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan Cox" <>
Subject How to have multiple domains/contexts with Tomcat ? they all go to same context ..
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:46:37 GMT

This is a simple question (i think)

After playing with server,xml (and various other .xml files) I am unable to
work out how to host multiple domains on a Tomcat 6 (standalone)  server
(running on port 80) ..

 I have read -

I.e - I have uploaded 2 contexts

- mrpink was uploaded first (as root context).

- I have 2 domains

- both domains point to the same ip (tomcat server)
- however when visiting both sites they go to the ROOT context.

- I want to go to  and
www.mrblue.comto go to
- how is this possible ?

Please note : that both contexts are fine when you put the URL in (i.e - I just want Tomcat to understand when you visit to automatically goes to

I have tried editing server.xml (as shown in above link)

also tried using the tomcat host-manager  - every time I try to use this I
get file/folder not found when visiting the page - i.e the host-manager
seems to work fine but visiting the page after adding a virtual host i get a
blank page (in firefox) - file/folder not found in konqueror ....

Here is an example I tried - to get to point to using the host-manager....

- First I uploaded the mrblue tomcat application using the tomcat manager..

Using host-manager ...

name :
alias :
app base : /opt/tomcat/webapps/mrblue/

The webapp is located in - /opt/tomcat/webapps/mrblue/

I understand I can do what I want using mod_jk - however it seems crazy
using apache when I do not really need to ...

Can anyone help - its slowly driving me mad..............