tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat5.5 and ubuntu hardy heron
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 22:11:44 GMT
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 10:41 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
> An alternative is to wait a couple more hours, until the first suggestion to
> de-install your Tomcat package and install the Tomcat from the official
> Tomcat site arrives.

actually, that would be my suggestion.

however, I would not recommend to *purtge* the
ubunto-tomcat-installation but manually delete it except for the
scripts in /etc/init.d: just download tomcat fro tomcat.apache org,
install it into a directory of your choice and adapt the /etc/init.d -
script, and you're fine.

hth

gregor
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2