tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: APR & SSL not working
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:32:49 GMT
Hi Markus,

seems I was a bit too optimistic...

although I compiled APR with /dev/urandomPLUS creating $HOME/.rnd
(changed 2048 to 4096 since this is the value specified in
/proc/sys/kernal/poolsize), it's again taking ages to start up tomcat.

Since this is a server-machine where I just can't "move the mouse or
hack the keyboard" to create some entropy, I'm again stuck here.

Do you know of any additional option to speed up the process of
creating some entropy?

Since we're stuck to Tomcat 5.5, unfortunately Tomcat 6 with the new
config is not an option.

Cheers

Gregor
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2