tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anand Gundanna <Anand.Gunda...@Norwich-union.co.uk>
Subject Fw: Tomcat Patch Management
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:39:08 GMT
Hello,

Can someone help me please.. i haven't got the answer for my query yet..
please.....

Best Regards,
Anand G
NU UK ITS Architecture and Design
Floor 7, Norfolk Tower, Norwich
Phone - 01603 838398
----- Forwarded by Anand Gundanna/TCS/NUI/NORWICHUNION on 11/09/2008 16:38
-----

Anand Gundanna/TCS/NUI/NORWICHUNION
11/09/2008 12:04

users@tomcat.apache.org
cc

Subject
Tomcat Patch Management

Dear Support,

I would request for your help in regards to Tomcat Patch Management. I
hope you will be helpful in this regard.

We have installed and configured an Tomcat web server on windows server
platform for an application called Business Objects XI. Tomcat web servers
will not be supported/maintained by our web services team as it is non
strategic within our organisation. But still we have hosted the Tomcat
servers as it is mandated by Business Objects application.

Now the Tomcat Web server has been successfully installed and configured.
We need to plan for Patch management for Tomcat. At the moment we do not
have any external/third party tool to manage the patches automatically.
So, could you please clarify the following queries..

1) What is the best procedure/practice to keep Tomcat up-to-date with
patches?

2) How frequently does Tomcat releases patches/updates and how critical it
is for an internal application?

3) Does Tomcat have any built in tool/feature to download and update
patches automatically?

Please let me know if you know any other easy option/solution for Tomcat
Patch Management.