tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Katilie, John" <John.Kati...@softwareagusa.com>
Subject RE: Running Tomcat with JRE?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 19:17:58 GMT
Bai, to run using the JRE you need to set JRE_HOME not JAVA_HOME. Note:
in our startup file we also set JAVA_HOME to null incase it was set
elsewhere. I.e:

set JAVA_HOME=
set JRE_HOME=%VARIABLE%\java

Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Bai Shen [mailto:baishen.lists@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 12:42 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Running Tomcat with JRE?

Looking at the tomcat site, it says that I can run Tomcat 6 with a JRE
instead of a full JDK.  So I downloaded Tomcat 6.0.18 and I have
JAVA_HOME
pointing at JRE 1.6.0_07.  However, when I go to start tomcat, it tells
me
that the JAVA_HOME variable needs to point at a JDK, not a JRE.

Am I missing something or is this a leftover from the previous versions?
TIA.