tomcat-users mailing list archives

From George Baxter <>
Subject Replaceing RequestFacade
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:23:19 GMT

For various and sundry reasons, I need to wrap the original
HttpServletRequest with a facade of my own.  I know that the
HttpServletRequest exposed by Catalina is a RequestFacade object.  I simply
wrap my facade around this puppy.

And... when my jsp attempts to render... boom:

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.unwrapRequest(
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(

I tried to extend the RequestFacade, but cannot because the constructor
requires a org.apache.catalina.connector.Request, and I cannot get a hold of
that.  Is there anything I can do to encourage tomcat to instantiate my
request facade instead its own?

Using Tomcat 5.5 at present.