tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [OT obviously] Re: Some Prilim questions
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:01:07 GMT

In other words if you have an opportunity to attack someone instead of providing an intelligent
solution then yes by all means CHANGE the question (so you'll look good and the other guy
looks like an idiot..) from a JDBC DataSource lookup to LDAP question..

if the question is a comparison of a local  lookup vs remote lookups you will need a J2EE
server and understand Remote architectures (which TC is not) and you will need to know how
to setup and reference the remote object

so I disgress back to the question which is if I have a DB server in NY and I have a TC container
running in India
how do I acquire the fastest response for a DB Connection for my client ?

I can think of 2 options which I will discuss offline with the client
allowing chris and his/her political attack machine to continue ..

in the meanwhile  Microsoft continues to convert TC installations to .NET..
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 09:18:28 +0100
> From: p@pidster.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: [OT obviously] Re: Some Prilim questions
>
> Martin Gainty wrote:
> > no no no..
> > he was NOT talking about LDAP but a DB connection
> > the statement stands
> > even with a 'local TC reference' you STILL have to contact the server !
> > there exists a company which sells server services for this very reason (if the
op desires to know i will pass this on)
> [...]
> radionuclide activity in homogeneous objects such as unconditioned waste
> (including process waste, dismantling waste, etc.), waste conditioned in
> various matrices (bitumen, hydraulic binder, thermosetting resins,
> etc.), notably in the form of 100 L, 200 L, 400 L or 800 L drums, and
> test specimens or samples, (vitrified waste), and waste packaged in a
> container, notably technological waste. It also specifies the
> calibration of the gamma spectrometry chain. The gamma energies used
> generally range from 0,05 MeV to 3 MeV."
>

> Al, I'm disturbed by this.  India *is* a nuclear power, and this *is* a
> public standard, but I think we're moving into dangerous territory here.
>
> What are you getting at I wondered?  Is there a deeper message regarding
> nuclear power for OP to take back to his people?
>
> A little more googling led me to Tarapur, where there's a nuclear waste
> disposal and storage facility that, yes!, uses *vitrification*.
>
> (I paused here, as I was thirsty and the second bottle was now empty.)
>
> Tarapur, Al, Tarapur.  What are you trying to tell us, I mused.
>
> Wikipedia has 5 references for places called Tarapur, in these states
> Maharashtra - the nuke plant, Gujarat & Bihar - otherwise unremarkable.
>
> Madhya Pradesh - is one of the best known centres for very unusual and
> attractive bandanas!  Could this be it!?
>
> Karthik, Chris, David, I nearly shouted out loud!  *BANDANAS*
> It was so obvious to me now, I was amazed that I hadn't seen it straight
> away!
>
> But then Al, I idly flicked the back button, to check the last link...
> Tarapur, Orissa.  Three stupas (edicts), put up by Emperor Asoka, have
> been discovered at Tarapur recently.
>

> I was stunned Al.
>

> * Ashoka the Great *
> It crystallised in my mind quickly as the breadth of your vision appeared.
>
> ** Ashoka the Great **
> "He who regards everyone amiably"
>
> I knew Al, from my classical studies, that Ashoka The Great was a Hindu
> by birth but later converted to Buddhism after the battle of Kalinga.
>
> He subsequently declared in his edicts:
> “There is no country, except among the Greeks, where these two groups,
> Brahmans and ascetics, are not found, and there is no country where
> people are not devoted to one or another religion."
>
> The GREEKS! ITHACA!
> This reference confirmed I had arrived in the right place!
>

> Your message is revealed Al, as a message of peace and understanding,
> for Ashoka is famous for his message of freedom, tolerance, and equality.
>

> I was worn out from my exertions, but gloriously sated as I collapsed
> into a drunken stupor.
>

> Peace, Al, Peace.
>

> pid
>

> * or Alice, I don't mind, Al.
>

> > Martin
> > Disclaimer and confidentiality note
> > Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of
Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution
to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained
within this transmission.