tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Native library for Windows
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:59:10 GMT

AprLifecycleListener reads java.library.path
so either start Java with -Djava.library.path
java -Djava.library.path=LocationOfBinary bootstrap.jar
(easier to place -Djava.library.path into JAVA_OPTS)
OR
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=LocationOfBinary

YMMV/
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 23:38:45 +0100
> From: markt@apache.org
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Tomcat Native library for Windows
>
> Brian Clark wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am getting the following error when starting up Tomcat 6.0.16 on Windows 2003:
> >
> > "Sep 2, 2008 4:18:13 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> > INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat
> > Native library which allows optimal performance in production
> > environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program
> > Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> > 6.0\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;D:\Perl\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS"
> >
> > Here's
> > the catch, I do have the library installed in the bin directory (the
> > very same bin referenced in the PATH above). I downloaded version 1.1.14.0 from
http://tomcat.heanet.ie/native/1.1.14/binaries/win32/ and tried to just "drop it in" the bin
directory. I don't know why it