tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: adding a virtual host with jmx
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 21:53:03 GMT

did you follow bill's code sample ?...did you have different result?also please display the
exact structure and calls you are making to instantiate your javax.management.MBeanServerand
which class is executing the addChild

javadocs located at
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/management/package-summary.htmlthanks/Martin ______________________________________________
Disclaimer and confidentiality note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates
to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender
does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not
necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission. > Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008
21:57:55 +0200> From: olivier.verges@gmail.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Subject:
Re: adding a virtual host with jmx> > hi,> so i'm using tomcat 6.0.15.> > I'm
trying now to add a josso valve: <Valve> className="org.josso.tc60.agent.SSOAgentValve"
debug="1"/> always by jmx.> > I don't get your lines, in fact...> > Could you
please help me a little more?> > O.V> > > > > 2008/7/31 Bill Barker <wbarker@wilshire.com>>
> > It's a lot of lines of code, but not that hard. You haven't mentioned your> >
Tomcat version, so I'll give a sort of generic setup.> > ObjectName loader = getServerLoader();
// depends on the settings and> > version> > ObjectName registry = getRegistry();
// depends on the settings and> > version> > MBeanServer server = getTCMBeansServer();
// generally the first one,> > unless you (or your J2EE) are playing games> >>
> String hname = "Catalina:type=Host,host="+hostName; // Assuming the> > default
Engine name of "Catalina"> > ObjectName ohost = new ObjectName(hname);> > Object
host = server.instantiate(HOST_CLASS, loader);> > server.invoke(registry, "registerComponent",>
> new Object[] {host, hname, null},> > new String[]> > {"java.lang.Object","java.lang.String","java.lang.String"});>
> server.setAttribute(ohost, new Attribute("appBase", appBase));> > // Set more attributes,
and aliases etc here> > // Things like Realms and Contexts work much the same way if
you follow> > Tomcat's naming conventions> > server.invoke(ohost, "start", null,
null);> > // Start your contexts here, if you don't have automatic deployment set.>
>> > As long as you follow Tomcat's naming conventions for ObjectNames, invoking>
> "start" will automagically add the new elements to where they should live.> > You
can get the values for the "loader" and "registry" by hooking up a JMX> > console to
your existing Tomcat.> >> > "Olivier Verg├Ęs" <olivier.verges@gmail.com>
wrote in message> > news:575c33250807300655k26c65bbbx2ce0ec42e8c0839d@mail.gmail.com...>
> > hi all,> > >> > > I'm creating a web application for auto deploying
virtual host through> > > apache and tomcat on a production server.> > >
Everything is ok except for the Tomcat part:> > > As tomcat can't be reloaded and
as i can't restart anytime I want, I> > 've> > > heard jmx was great cause
it was possible to modify a running tomcat (is> > > the> > > english expression
is "on the fly"?).> > >> > > So, Connection to Mbean server is ok...>
method of> > > Engine I get this error:> > > "java.io.NotSerializableException:>
> > org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport> > > at> > > java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1156)>
> > at> > >> > java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1509)...">
> > which takes the appabase and the name of th virtual host, and path and> >
> docBase of the first needed context. But i've got a problem with the> > > context>
> > now,> > > " GRAVE: Error getConfigured" (and nothing else)> > >>
> > i'm a little lost with all the classes and functions and I haven't found> >
> any> > > docs about adding vh by jmx.> > >> > > has anyone
tried to add and directly make worked a virtual host and a> > > context on a running
tomcat ?> > >> > > thx,> > > Olivier> > >> >>