tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Unable to start tomacat....
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:00:47 GMT

determine the port your connector is binding to in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml e.g.

 <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
    <Connector port="8080"

and to make sure your port 8080 is'nt bound drop to command line

netstat -a | grep 8080

should come up empty ..if not you'll have to quiesce that TC proc which is binding 8080

thanks,
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.