tomcat-users mailing list archives

From laura fu <icela...@hotmail.com>
Subject Regarding Error 404-please help!
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:25:16 GMT

Hi Tomcat, How are you? I am new to using Apache Tomcat and am in the process of learning
it. I came across this problem while i was setting it up, please kindly take a look, i just
need a little push in the right direction.  I saved my work HelloWorld.java in the folder
in "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\jjolt\WEB-INF\classes". When i type in
the address: "http://localhost:8080/jjolt/servlet/HelloWorld" , i am supposed to see "Hello
World" displayed on my browser, but instead i saw this:
HTTP Status 404 - /jjolt/servlet/HelloWorld

type Status reportmessage /jjolt/servlet/HelloWorlddescription The requested resource (/jjolt/servlet/HelloWorld)
is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.26 This is what i have done prior to this:1.  Downloaded a binary release
of mod_jk , and save it in APACHE_HOME\modules (where APACHE_HOME is "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2"). Then renamed the file name to mod_jk.so2. Created a file named workers.properties
with the following content and saved it in APACHE_HOME\conf:

# Define 1 real worker using ajp13
worker.list=worker1

# Set properties for worker1 (ajp13)
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009 3. Edit httpd.conf file located in APACHE_HOME\conf:In "Section 2:
'Main' server configuration" added the following content after “DocumentRoot "C:/Program
Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"”.

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Tomcat 5.5/webapps">
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
</Directory>
l         Added the following content at the bottom of the file.

# Load mod_jk module
# Update this path to match your modules location
LoadModule    jk_module  modules/mod_jk.so
# Where to find workers.properties
# Update this path to match your conf directory location (put workers.properties next to httpd.conf)
JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
# Where to put jk shared memory
# Update this path to match your local state directory or logs directory
JkShmFile     logs/mod_jk.shm
# Where to put jk logs
# Update this path to match your logs directory location (put mod_jk.log next to access_log)
JkLogFile     logs/mod_jk.log
# Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]
JkLogLevel    info
# Select the timestamp log format
# Send everything for context / to worker named worker1 (ajp13)
JkMount  /* worker1

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin admin@localhost
    DocumentRoot "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 5.5\webapps"
    ServerName localhost
    ErrorLog logs/error-localhost.log
</VirtualHost> In addition to all the above i properly set my classpaths:TOMCAT_HOME=C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 5.5CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\bin;C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\junit4.4;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\junit4.4\junit-4.4.jar;C:\JOHN\DATA\java_projects\simplejunit;C:\Program
Files\Subversion\bin;F:\NEW LEARNING\JJPeople Training\multiple_ant_files_Exercise\SVN_LOCAL\lib\static\log4j;.;C:\Program
Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar Could someone please kindly shine
some light on this issue? Your help is greatly appreciated! Regards, Laura