tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Clark <brianclar...@yahoo.com>
Subject jstack and Tomcat 6 on Windows
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:10:49 GMT
Hello,

I run Tomcat 6.0.x as a service on Windows 2003, using Sun JDK 1.6. I was trying to use the
jstack program, part of the JDK, to get a stack dump from Tomcat/Java on my server. However,
I ran into a problem. First of all, Tomcat on Windows seems to "hide" the JVM instance. Java
doesn't show up in my process listing. I tried running jstack against the  Tomcat PID but
it errored out.

Any idea how to make jstack work with Tomcat running as a service on Win2k3?

BTW:  I can get a stack dump using a tool like Sun's VisualVM, but I wanted to use jstack
as part of a script, which I obviously can't do with VisualVM.

Thanks,
Brian