tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Willem Moors" <willemsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to tomcat 6 gives formatted currency amounts problem
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 06:15:29 GMT
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Steve Ochani <ochanis@ncc.edu> wrote:

> Hmm odd.
>
> I tried it on my Redhat test server and worked fine also.
>
> Is your tomcat 6 install a default/fresh install?
>
> What browser are you using? What character encoding does it think the
> HelloWorldExample
> output is coming in as?

Odd indeed!

The tomcat6 install is from a fresh install. The browser I'm using is FF3.

Really, apart from Tomcat 5.5 and 6, all else is equal: it's the same app
(same war-file), running on the same hardware using exactly the same java.
And to display the app I use one and the same browser (with different tabs)
but still my application gives this difference:
http://www.laadruim.com/issue/comparison_currrency_problem.png
(I don't know if it's proper to use attachments in posting to this list, so
I made the pic available on that URL).

Willem