tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bhooshanpan...@aol.com
Subject Re: Cannot access remote web app
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:42:26 GMT
If the case is:

* webapp1 deployed on Desktop
* accessible from desktop using http://localhost:8080/webapp1
* not accessible (404) from laptop using http://<desktop>:8080/webapp1

... then I think you should check the access logs in Tomcat to see what
request in coming from the laptop. To enable access logging on tomcat
you just need to uncomment the AccessLog valve in server.xml.
Alternative you can use a proxy / intercepter to capture the HTTP
traffic b/w laptop and desktop.

-----Original Message-----
From: felix l <felix1873@gmail.com>
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Sent: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 7:22 pm
Subject: Cannot access remote web app

Hi all,

I have a Java web app that has shown to be working while accessing via
http://localhost:8080/webapp1. I have two machines, 1 laptop and 1
desktop,
both installed Tomcat 5.5 on WinXP. The problem is when I start Tomcat
on my
laptop, both machine can access the web app. On the other hand, if I
start
Tomcat on my desktop, my laptop cannot access it and give me a good old
404
error. Where should I first look into in order to fix the problem? Would
Spybot or anti-virus app be a cause of this?

Thanks,
Felix