tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <vivek.jais...@bt.com>
Subject Stripping down the JSP engine from Tomcat
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:39:09 GMT
Hi,

Is there anyways we can strip down the JSP engine from the Tomcat?

I have to develop an application which would process a request using
servlets, but I don't need the JSP engine as there is a requirement for
the Servlet engine to be as light weight as possible and also have a
small memory footprint.
I have tried removing the jasper jars but that fails tomcat from
starting, has anyone tried their hands on this, would greatly appreciate
your guidance.

Regards,
Vivek Jaiswal
TCS - BT Global Services