tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edoardo Panfili <edoa...@aspix.it>
Subject Re: question
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:29:28 GMT
Jojo Nadir ha scritto:
> Hi everyone, I resolved my first problem: I'm working on Windows XP ( and not Win 98),
but I'm a beginner in Tomcat and my problem is that when I compile my servlet class the compiler
doesn't find the package javax.servlet.ServletException and  javax.servlet.http.*.

> I don't know where is the probleme, Have I to import this pakage manually (it doesn't
exist in the java 1.5 core ??).

You are right,  the package  javax.servlet.http in not in java2.

You can find it in the /lib/ subdirectory of tomcat in servlet-api.jar

You must include that jar file in you classpath. If you are using javac
from command line you can use the "-cp" option.

Edoardo