tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tommy Pham <>
Subject Re: Problems with running 64-bit Tomcat 6 as a Windows service
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 21:50:28 GMT

--- On Wed, 9/3/08, Brian Clark <> wrote:

> From: Brian Clark <>
> Subject: Problems with running 64-bit Tomcat 6 as a Windows service
> To: "Tomcat Users" <>
> Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2008, 10:00 PM
> Hello,
> I am trying to get Tomcat 6.0.18 to run on my Win2k3 x64
> edition server. I basically did the same thing talked about
> here:
> but it didn't work for me. I didn't use the
> service.bat install though. I installed the service manually
> with the sc.exe command.
> I am using the 64-bit 1.6.0_06 JDK.  I don't get any
> Windows errors, the service start process just times out. My
> catalina and jakarta logs don't have anything useful.
> The logs seem to indicate that Tomcat started up fine--only
> it didn't.
> When I start up Tomcat from the command line, it works
> fine. I did have to check the box in tomcat6w.exe to allow
> the service to interact with the desktop to run it from the
> command line though. That seemed a little weird.
> Anyone successful in running Tomcat 6 as a 64-bit service?
> Thanks,
> Brian

Hi Brian,

Are you using the zip install or exe install? It's easier to use the exe install.  Then download
these tomcat*.exe at [1] and replace the files in bin folder.  If you need bat script files,
you can extract those from the zip.  I have it running fine on WinXP x64.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message