tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brendan Martens <brendan.mart...@crosscomm.net>
Subject html entities and urls with spaces
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:41:56 GMT
Hello,

I am having some issues with tomcat not displaying pages or files with
spaces in them, it simply 404s. Something like this:

pdf file on filesystem.pdf

being accessed at:

http://server/pdf%20file%20on%20filesystem.pdf

fails to display.

I am migrating this site from an older RHEL server where it works
fine. I am migrating to a Debian server with up to date Debian
packages of apache2, tomcat5, and java6.

I am using tomcat5 because the webapp had some odd html entity issues
with tomcat5.5 and tomcat6 that I was not able to resolve, moving to
tomcat5 fixed the issues with entities in the page content itself. I
am not certain that the page content html entity issues and the urls
with spaces issues are related, but it seems like they may be?

To check that this was a tomcat (and not an apache issue, as I am
JkMounting the site to tomcat ) issue I tested accessing items with
spaces with apache and that worked fine.

Any one have any thoughts on this?

Brendan Martens