tomcat-users mailing list archives

From DIGLLOYD INC <digllo...@diglloyd.com>
Subject tomcat won't download large files -- out of memory error
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 05:01:01 GMT
I have some large zip files I want to make available for download.
When I try to download a 70MB file, tomcat is trying to cache these
huge files (it seems).  The result is that downloading them always
fails.  I *want* caching for most everything eg jpegs, html, etc and
I've set tomcat to use up to 1.5GB of memory.

Is there a way to limit the size of the file that will be cached? It's
regrettable that failure to cache a file can't gracefully degrade into
just not caching it.

Sep 25, 2008 9:50:17 PM org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter
service
SEVERE: An exception or error occurred in the container during the
request processing
	at
org
.apache
.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext.cacheLoad(ProxyDirContext.java:1571)
	at
org
.apache
.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext.cacheLookup(ProxyDirContext.java:1449)
	at
org
.apache.naming.resources.ProxyDirContext.lookup(ProxyDirContext.java:
283)
	at
org
.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper.internalMapWrapper(Mapper.java:
782)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper.internalMap(Mapper.java:
626)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.http.mapper.Mapper.map(Mapper.java:516)
	at
org
.apache
.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.postParseRequest(CoyoteAdapter.java:
444)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:
284)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:
844)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:
447)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Lloyd Chambers
http://diglloyd.com

[Mac OS X 10.5.2 Intel, Tomcat 6.0.16]