tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "André-John Mas" <andrejohn....@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 6 and corruption of text in French error pages
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 21:47:25 GMT
Hi,

I have Tomcat 6 installed on a French version of Windows XP. When
error pages, such as the 404 error page, appear the French text is
corrupted.
For example, instead of the expected:

  "La ressource demandée (/manager/html) n'est pas disponible."

I get:

  "La ressource demand�e (/manager/html) n'est pas disponible."

This would appear to indicate that the page is being encoded as UTF-8
and then treated as ISO-8859-1. The display is consistent in all
browsers I have tested with, which include IE6, Safari and Firefox.
Has anyone seen this and do they know how to resolve it? I know I
could simply use my own error page, but that is not the answer I am
looking for,

Andre

--
mailto:andrejohn.mas@gmail.com