tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: JVM per Context
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:27:58 GMT
> From: Michael Dehmlow [mailto:dehmlowm@gmail.com]
> I have multiple contexts that are defined for a given host in
> my server.xml
> each context I would like to start up in its own jvm, for dll and
> enviornment variable reasons.

As a solution sketch (I've never done it), you'll need to deploy eclipsev1 and eclipsev2 in
two different Tomcat instances.  See the file RUNNING.txt that comes with your version of
Tomcat (which you didn't tell us!) for details on setting up multiple instances.  You'll then
need something that talks AJP or can reverse proxy to sit at the front of the two Tomcats
and divide incoming requests to the multiple Tomcats.  Apache httpd (what most people call
"Apache") can do this.  Again, check the docs at http://tomcat.apache.org for integration
of httpd as a front-end, Tomcat as a back-end.

I suspect you'll get more detailed responses; this is rapid rather than complete!

                - Peter