tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Installing Multiple Instances on Windows Server 2003
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:38:15 GMT
> From: Steve G.B. [mailto:stefano.guidobaldi@yahoo.it]
> I need to install multiple instances of Tomcat on my server.
>
> I changed all the connection and redirect ports, but the
> second Tomcat still
> doesn't start.
>
> What should I do?

Give us more information - that's far too vague for us to help you.

Post:
- Tomcat versions;
- Any error messages you get in either set of logs while starting Tomcat.

Also: If you start the two services in the opposite order, which one fails?  Is it always
one instance of Tomcat (in which case you should be looking for config errors in that Tomcat)
or is it always the second one started (in which case you should be looking for contention
issues)?

                - Peter