tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shreekanta Prasad <spras...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: How to "manually" undeploy a webapp in tomcat ?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:14:17 GMT
Hi Albrecht,

If you delete folder <webappname> under work directory nothing happens just go ahead.
After deploying new war file it will be created afresh. In work folder uasually we have run
time compiled jsp class files or some libraries.

Thanks and Regards -
Shreekanta Prasad
Bangalore,India.

-----Original Message-----
From: albrecht andrzejewski [mailto:albrecht.andrzejewski@ema.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:41 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: How to "manually" undeploy a webapp in tomcat ?

Hi everyone,

My question is simple: when i was upgrading a webapp, i used to stop
tomcat, replace my old war file with the new one using some unix
command, and re start the tomcat server.

But i noticed that the files under
/catalina_home/work/Catalina/localhost/nameofwebapp/ are not updated
when tomcat redeploy the new war file, causing my context.xml to be
deprecated.

It is especially unfair because my context.xml contain my jndi
ressources, and it cannot more access neither the mail, neither the
database...

Is there any "proper" solution to undeploy manually a webapp ( i don't
want to use the manager webapp). And I don't know how to use Ant - so
i would prefer a unix-shell-only solution.

I think about deleting all the files under
/Catalina/localhost/nameofwebapp/ but  i'm afraid to miss something.

Thanks.
--
Albrecht ANDRZEJEWSKI
Créateur - Incubateur Technologique