tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mr Popo Sama <mrpopo...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re: UnauthorizedAccessException error while running WMI in tomcat
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:26:05 GMT
HI agn, to change the privilegies try doing this,
in vista: go to control panel > administrative tools > Services , then look for Apache
tomcat service , then go to properties (right click on the service) > Log on (tab) >
this account. and you the spaces in with a super user name and pass. then you'll have to restart
the service (or the machine, don't know).

in xp... don't know but must be preety much like in vista

Bye!

----- Mensaje original ----
De: Tommy Pham <tommyhp2@yahoo.com>
Para: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Enviado: lunes 8 de septiembre de 2008, 4:28:29
Asunto: Re: UnauthorizedAccessException error while running WMI in tomcat

--- On Mon, 9/8/08, new_bie_tomcat <swbasu@cisco.com> wrote:

> From: new_bie_tomcat <swbasu@cisco.com>
> Subject: Re: UnauthorizedAccessException error while running WMI in tomcat
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Date: Monday, September 8, 2008, 3:06 AM
> Hi Mark,
>     Thanks a lot for your reply. I am not able to find out
> exactly where to
> change the permission. I am using Tomcat 5.5. I have logged
> in to the
> machine, using the same user login as the remote machine.
> Both of the
> machine are in the same domain. In tomcat Properties Log on
> Tab i have
> logged in as the same login ID of the local/ remote
> machine. But still i am
> getting the same error.Please let me know where exactly i
> need to configure
> properly.
>
> Thanks again..

Hi,

Since you're in the domain and if my memory serves correctly (it's been a while since I worked
w/ windows domains), you'll need to have proper access rights to access the registry.  Not
all WMI commands will work with User/Power User rights.  You'll need full Administrator's
rights on the target system if you want to use WMI to it's fullest.  You may want to check
your domain policy and the local systems' policy (if any is defined).  Logging into a machine
does not mean that account have the appropriate access rights, especially if you're trying
access HKLM, HKCR, and HKUSERS.  You may want to look into impersonation to lessen the security
risk of unwanted full domain access ;)

Regards,
Tommy

      Yahoo! Cocina