tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Balance and sync data
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:56:24 GMT
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Martin Spinassi
<martins.listz@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why not have your upload servlet invoke rsync when a new file has
>> been stored?

> Can you give me some more details or where to get some more info?

Runtime.exec("/usr/bin/rsync")  -- though you may want to instead
invoke a script file containing the appropriate rsync arguments.

This works fine. I've even used rsync's "dry-run" mode to create a list
of files that differed between two systems (e.g. staging and production)
to generate a form page and allow the user to pick which ones to sync.

HTH,