tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Dunbar <sc...@xigole.com>
Subject Dynamically adding a resource to a context
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:22:15 GMT
Hi all,
I'm honestly not positive that what I want to do is a good idea but the
basic concept is that I want to dynamically add a Resource (a JNDI JDBC
DataSource) to a Context.  The idea is that I will be dynamically
creating databases for new users and want to have a database connection
pool for each user.

I've been able to simply hand modify
${catalina.home}/conf/Catalina/localhost/contextname.xml and seen that I
can now access the new DataSource.  What I'm looking for is a
programmatic way to do the same thing, short of parsing and rewriting
the XML myself.  I've dug though the MBean classes and am honestly a bit
confused.

Is there something that I'm missing?  This is Tomcat 6.0.18 under Linux
and/or Windows.

Thanks for any help.