tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <>
Subject Re: apache/modjk behaviour during shutdown
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:46:40 GMT wrote:
> I was under the impression that when apache is orderly shutdown it will
> finish processing existing requests not excepting new ones and exit when
> having done so.

This is correct.

> Would the same hold true for requests that is currently
> being processed by the tomcat. Would apache wait for the tomcat threads
> send via modjk to complete before terminating them?

Nope. mod_jk has no clue about Tomcat's threads.
Httpd will unload (any) mod_jk module when the current
request(s) is finished (even adding Connection: close to
the outgoing headers). If the requests are taking too much
time they are forcibly closed then, so the presumption
that the current requests will be handled is only true
for 'normal' requests.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: