tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño <jhlegarr...@vicomtech.org>
Subject Re: [TOMCAT] Internal Tomcat Server error (HTTP Status 500): NoClassDefFound
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:49:40 GMT
Sorry,
forgot to translate a couple of lines of the stack trace:

2008-09-29 17:57:12 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Excepción de reserva
de espacio para servlet action
means
2008-09-29 17:57:12 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Exception in memory
space reserve for servlet action

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() para servlet action lanzó
excepción
means
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet action threw
exception

HIH,
JON HAITZ

David Smith escribió:
> Tomcat maintains log files in it's logs directory.  All the log files
> are just plain old text files, typically with timestamps.  Just take a
> read through it for the moment in time when your webapp is deployed
> and see if there are any error messages.  Because you work on a
> Windows environment, you may have to make a copy of the log file
> before opening it for reading.  Either that or stop Tomcat and then
> read the file.
>
> --David
>
> Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño wrote:
>> Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mena by "the log files for
>> messages that occur when your webapp starts"?
>> Where can I look for them?
>> Thanks for your patience and support,
>> JON HAITZ
>>

>> David Smith escribió:
>>> Have you looked at any of the log files for messages that occur when
>>> you webapp starts?
>>> --David

Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño
Laguntzaile zientifikoa / Colaborador científico / Scientific collaborator

VICOMTech - Visual Interaction and Communication Technologies Center
Mikeletegi Pasealekua, 57 - Parque Tecnológico
E-20009 Donostia - San Sebastián, Spain
Tel: +[34] 943 30 92 30
Fax: +[34] 943 30 93 93
e-mail: jhlegarreta@vicomtech.org