tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño <jhlegarr...@vicomtech.org>
Subject Re: [TOMCAT] Internal Tomcat Server error (HTTP Status 500): NoClassDefFound
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:48:05 GMT
Sorry for my ignorance, but what do you mena by "the log files for
messages that occur when your webapp starts"?
Where can I look for them?
Thanks for your patience and support,
JON HAITZ

David Smith escribió:
> Have you looked at any of the log files for messages that occur when
> you webapp starts?
> --David
>
> Jon Haitz Legarreta Gorroño wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> thanks for the suggestion David.
>> I am pretty new to all these Web technologies, so I hope I understood
>> well your mail.
>>
>> 1. I've got two versions of the StrutsPageLifecycleFactory and
>> DefaultStrutsPageLifeCycleFactory classes: the first ones located in
>> the folder
>>
>> C:\Program
>> Files\JDeveloper\adfc\src\adf-controllersrc.zip\oracle\adf\controller\struts\actions

>> and the other ones in
>>
>> C:\Program
>> Files\JDeveloper\adfc\src\adf-controllersrc.zip\oracle\adf\controller\v2\struts\lifecycle

>> (I work under XP and my IDE is Oracle JDeveloper 10g version 10.1.3.0.4)
>>
>> On my previous mail I had a look at the first ones, so therefore, and
>> a you suggested, I was not looking at the one being used when the
>> stack trace is being produced, which is the one contained in the
>> second path.
>>
>> The method yielding the problem is the following one:
>>
>> private static PageLifecycleFactory getDefaultInstance()
>>   {
>>      if (defaultInstance == null)
>>      {
>>         defaultInstance = new DefaultStrutsPageLifecycleFactory();
>>      }
>>          return defaultInstance;
>>   }
>>
>> And line 68 is where the new defaulsInstance is created:
>> defaultInstance = new DefaultStrutsPageLifecycleFactory();
>>

>> 2. As for the question whether they exist only once in Tomcat, in my
>> Tomcat folder (C:\Tomcat\common\lib), none of them exists; the jars
>> I've got are:
>>
>> ant
>> ant-launcher
>> commons-collentions-3.1
>> commons-colletions-dbcp-1.2.1
>> commons-el
>> commons-pool-1.2
>> jasper-compiler
>> jasper-runtime
>> jasp-api
>> naming-common
>> naming-factory
>> naming-java
>> naming-resources
>> servelt-api
>> tools
>>
>> And C:\Tomcat\common\classes is empty.
>>
>> In the WEB-INF\classes folder of my project, the above-mentioned
>> classes (StrutsPageLifecycleFactory and
>> DefaultStrutsPageLifeCycleFactory) do not exist.
>> In the WEB-INF\lib folder of my project, the jars I've got are:
>> adf-controller
>> commons-beanutils
>> commons-collections
>> commons-digester
>> commons-fileupload
>> commons-lang
>> commons-logging
>> commons-validator
> [...]

Laguntzaile zientifikoa / Colaborador científico / Scientific collaborator

VICOMTech - Visual Interaction and Communication Technologies Center
Mikeletegi Pasealekua, 57 - Parque Tecnológico
E-20009 Donostia - San Sebastián, Spain
Tel: +[34] 943 30 92 30
Fax: +[34] 943 30 93 93
e-mail: jhlegarreta@vicomtech.org