tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Sharing Application Code Between Contexts
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 11:28:57 GMT
1) Disk is cheap.
2) Build scripts can easily push the common code out to all your apps in
a reproducable manner.
3) Seperate code makes regression upgrades easier to do since there is
always that one app which cant be upgraded

While you may be "sharing code" - all the code will be living in
different classloaders (one per webapp) so at most - you are saving disk.

-Tim