tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How to have multiple domains/contexts with Tomcat ? they all go to same context ..
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:59:33 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Morgan Cox [mailto:morgancoxuk@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: How to have multiple domains/contexts with
>> Tomcat ? they all go to same context ..
>>
>> Thanks for the advise - it seems that I do need to set the
>> ROOT webapp for each virtual server
>>
>> - anyone got any ideas of how to do this.
>
> Read *all* of Andre's post - he already told you, in great detail, exactly how to do
it.

Well, not really about making them the ROOT application.
So I'll try that one too, but someone should probably come after me to
clean up.

Morgan,

if you followed the previous instructions, you now have this directory
structure :

(CATALINA_HOME being the top of your Tomcat installation)

CATALINA_HOME/webapps
          (with the standard webapps and documents from the original
Tomcat installation)

CATALINA_HOME/webapps-pink/mrpink/
         with your "pink" webapp

CATALINA_HOME/webapps-blue/mrblue/
         with your "blue" webapp

Turn off Tomcat.

Under /webapps-pink/, rename the directory /mrpink to /ROOT (uppercase).
Under /webapps-blue/, rename the directory /mrblue to /ROOT (uppercase).

And restart Tomcat.

And unless someone contradicts the above within the next 15 minutes, you
should now be able to access your applications directly via
http://www.mrpink.com[:port]
and
http://www.mrblue.com[:port]