tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: [OT obviously] Re: Some Prilim questions
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:44:59 GMT
Stab in the dark guess on Ithaca -- I'm one of the people that first
responded to the OP and my email domain is cornell.edu, whose main
campus is in Ithaca, NY

--David

Pid wrote:
> Martin Gainty wrote:
>
>> no no no..
>> he was NOT talking about LDAP but a DB connection
>> the statement stands
>> even with a 'local TC reference' you STILL have to contact the server !
>> there exists a company which sells server services for this very reason (if the op
desires to know i will pass this on)
> [...]
> radionuclide activity in homogeneous objects such as unconditioned waste
> (including process waste, dismantling waste, etc.), waste conditioned in
> various matrices (bitumen, hydraulic binder, thermosetting resins,
> etc.), notably in the form of 100 L, 200 L, 400 L or 800 L drums, and
> test specimens or samples, (vitrified waste), and waste packaged in a
> container, notably technological waste. It also specifies the
> calibration of the gamma spectrometry chain. The gamma energies used
> generally range from 0,05 MeV to 3 MeV."
>

> Al, I'm disturbed by this.  India *is* a nuclear power, and this *is* a
> public standard, but I think we're moving into dangerous territory here.
>
> What are you getting at I wondered?  Is there a deeper message regarding
> nuclear power for OP to take back to his people?
>
> A little more googling led me to Tarapur, where there's a nuclear waste
> disposal and storage facility that, yes!, uses *vitrification*.
>
> (I paused here, as I was thirsty and the second bottle was now empty.)
>
> Tarapur, Al, Tarapur.  What are you trying to tell us, I mused.
>
> Wikipedia has 5 references for places called Tarapur, in these states
> Maharashtra - the nuke plant, Gujarat & Bihar - otherwise unremarkable.
>
> Madhya Pradesh - is one of the best known centres for very unusual and
> attractive bandanas!  Could this be it!?
>
> Karthik, Chris, David, I nearly shouted out loud!  *BANDANAS*
> It was so obvious to me now, I was amazed that I hadn't seen it straight
> away!
>
> But then Al, I idly flicked the back button, to check the last link...
> Tarapur, Orissa.  Three stupas (edicts), put up by Emperor Asoka, have
> been discovered at Tarapur recently.
>

> I was stunned Al.
>

> * Ashoka the Great *
> It crystallised in my mind quickly as the breadth of your vision appeared.
>
> ** Ashoka the Great **
> "He who regards everyone amiably"
>
> I knew Al, from my classical studies, that Ashoka The Great was a Hindu
> by birth but later converted to Buddhism after the battle of Kalinga.
>
> He subsequently declared in his edicts:
> “There is no country, except among the Greeks, where these two groups,
> Brahmans and ascetics, are not found, and there is no country where
> people are not devoted to one or another religion."
>
> The GREEKS! ITHACA!
> This reference confirmed I had arrived in the right place!
>

> Your message is revealed Al, as a message of peace and understanding,
> for Ashoka is famous for his message of freedom, tolerance, and equality.
>

> I was worn out from my exertions, but gloriously sated as I collapsed
> into a drunken stupor.
>

> Peace, Al, Peace.
>

> pid
>

> * or Alice, I don't mind, Al.
>

>> Martin
>> Disclaimer and confidentiality note
>> Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of
Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution
to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained
within this transmission.