tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Mestiashvili <alexander.mestiashv...@biotec.tu-dresden.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat with LDAP - admin part authentication
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:34:05 GMT
yann bizouerne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed tomcat 6 on our Lunix server.
> I have configure it in order to use LDAP authentication for our application
> and it is working fine.
> My concern is about the admin part of the tomcat server.
> Now the tomcat-users.xml seems not used anymore for the admin,manager part.
> I have tried my LDAP login,password but it doesn't work for that part of the
> server.
> Does somebody have a clue how I can now go in the admin part of the tomcat
> server ?
> Thanks in advance
> Yann

server.xlm

<Realm   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
                connectionURL="ldaps://myLap.kernel.net:636"
                userPattern="uid={0},ou=People,dc=project"
                roleBase="ou=tomcatgroups,dc=project"
                roleName="cn"
                roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
        />

#cat tomcat.ldif
dn: uid=tomcat,ou=People,dc=project
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
uid: tomcat
sn:  app
cn: Tomcat manager
userPassword: test

# cat roles.ldif
dn: cn=tomcat,ou=tomcatgroups,dc=project
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: tomcat
uniqueMember: uid=tomcat,ou=People,dc=project

dn: cn=manager,ou=tomcatgroups,dc=project
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
cn: manager
uniqueMember: uid=tomcat,ou=People,dc=project
uniqueMember: uid=tommy,ou=People,dc=project

#cat tomcatgroups.ldif
dn: ou=tomcatgroups,dc=project
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: tomcatgroups