tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Master for PHP Hosting?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:58:50 GMT
Its called a 'web service'.

Make your tomcat application a web service. Use a php application to
invoke it. Distribute the php applications to the php servers.

The php application has a user interface and generates the invocation
request (probably as an xml file). Your 'MASTER' does the business logic
and generates a reply, either as an xml file which you can use XSLT in
php to render or some other form.

If you really wanted to get sophisticated you could write a tomcat
application that generated most/all of the php against some
specification and style the displayed pages with css.

There are, of course, numerous standards and implementations for web
services. You could also make it an AJAX app if you wanted to.