tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject [OT] Chuck
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2008 14:58:27 GMT

Dear Chuck,

I carefully save your postings to this list, as a future source of
wisdom and inspiration.

Except the ones that tell me that I should delete my unofficial Linux
Debian Tomcat package, those I don't. But you repeat them often enough
that they are always on a recent page somewhere.

It just came to my attention however that most of your communications to
the list end with the formula below, so now I am in a quandary. Since
many of these emails are not personally addressed to me, I'm afraid that
by saving your messages, I am somehow putting myself in a legally
questionable situation, which could result in my laptop being
confiscated for discovery, my network being monitored by your employer,
or worse, maybe even lawyers getting involved.

I wonder thus if I should personally delete these messages, but I am
also concerned by the community on this list at large.  Should they all
do the same, and should all your messages also be purged from the list
archives ?  Obviously, several thousand people cannot all be the
intended recipient. The word recipient is also specifically mentioned in
singular form in the formula below, which also specifically indicates
that the messages should be deleted from ALL computers.

Can you please inform us of the best path to follow ?

Quoted for the sole purpose of illustration :

unquote
(Not that people would wonder what to do with this message also. Go
ahead, you can delete it. You just don't have to.)