tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat5.5 and ubuntu hardy heron
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:41:52 GMT
Quickly, before the "official tomcat" brigade arrives : try dropping
your war file in /var/lib/tomcat5.5/webapps instead.

I don't know yet why that is exactly, but I'm working on it ;-)

The packagers of Tomcat 5.5 for various Linux distributions seem to have
done a good job at spreading Tomcat and webapps all over the place, and
covering up their tracks with a zillion clever symlinks.
They probably had their reasons, but it makes it quite difficult to
figure out what is happening.

An alternative is to wait a couple more hours, until the first
suggestion to de-install your Tomcat package and install the Tomcat from
the official Tomcat site arrives.