tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat clustering: Don't see Cluster MBean
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:45:40 GMT
Hi Landry Stephane.

"Hijacking a thread" usually means hitting the "reply" button on a forum 
message, leave the subject as it was, and then ask a totally unrelated 
question in the message.
You should not do that, because it is confusing for people who try to 
help the original poster of the original question, and because it also 
confuses users who try to follow a conversation.

What you did here however was not really hijacking a thread, since you 
also changed the subject of the messsage.
But you left the original message in, and just asked your new unrelated 
question below.
I don't know if there is an official jargon term for that.
But it is totally confusing also, and your chances of getting an answer 
are severely diminished.

So why do you not start a totally new message, with the correct subject 
and content, and let's see from there, yes ?



Landry Stephane Zeng Eyindanga wrote:
> Mark Thomas a écrit :
>> Brendan Martens wrote:
>>  
>>> Hmmm, here are my jk settings:
>>>
>>> JKWorkersFile    /etc/libapache2-mod-jk/workers.properties
>>> JkLogFile    /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.log
>>> JkLogLevel    info
>>> JkShmFile    /var/log/apache2/mod_jk.shm
>>> JkOptions    +ForwardURICompatUnparsed
>>>     
>>
>> That value of JkOptions should be OK.
>>
>>  
>>> The JK connector is the one from the mod_jk debian package. Could that
>>> be an issue if it was not compiled for the write version of tomcat? I'm
>>> not really sure how the jk connector builds work.
>>>     
>>
>> If the debian docs don't tell you what version they are using then your
>> guess is as good as mine.
>>
>> >From what you say this is easy to repeat. Have you tried accessing 
>> the same
>> file directly on Tomcat? Another option is to enable access logging in
>> httpd and Tomcat and turn up the mod_jk log level to debug, run the test
>> and analyse the results. It should be obvious quite quickly where it id
>> going wrong.
>>
>> Mark
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>   
> Hi all,
> I am trying to use a tomcat6 cluster. I've just set my configuration 
> (with two tomcat nodes) just as indicated in the tomcat clustering guide 
> (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html).
> Unfortunately, I see all MBeans that I should see, but the Cluster MBean 
> (|type=Cluster,host=${HOST}|).
> I'm in a urge, I'm working on an application that needs this MBean, or a 
> cluster dedicated one.
> Is it a bug ? what should I do ?
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To start a new topic, e-mail: users@tomcat.apache.org
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message