tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Interapp Communications
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:53:52 GMT
Darryl Pentz wrote:
> Hi Johnny,
>
> Thanks for your responses. I did read them on the day that you posted them but only got
a chance now to respond. Needless to say I have gone with a simple HttpURLConnection solution,
as my choice out of other suggestions given to me in other threads, of using numerous other
solutions including RMI, HttpInvoker, JMS, etc. Eventually, the simple HttpURLConnection is
nice and lightweight for my needs right now. And now that the beast that is the Commons HttpClient
is out of the mix things are far more efficient.

I bumped into this by accident, and have no idea if it's still valid,
but maybe interesting :

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2001/jw-0323-traps.html?page=2

André