tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache, Tomcat, mod_jk
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:13:38 GMT
Lars 'Levia' Wesselius schrieb:
> 2008/9/10 Steve Ochani <ochanis@ncc.edu>
>
>> Send reply to:  Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
>> Date sent:      Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:17:24 +0200
>> From:   Lars 'Levia' Wesselius <levia@openfrag.org>
>> To:     users@tomcat.apache.org
>> Subject:        Problem with Apache, Tomcat, mod_jk
>>
>>> I have a problem using Tomcat 6.0.18, latest Apache, latest mod_jk and
>>> Java SE 6.
>> Latest is a relative term. At the moment latest apache webserver version is
>> 2.2.9.
>>
>>> I have it set up so I can access the main Tomcat page..but
>>> when I go to the manager from there, it shows a (apache) 404 error.
>>> Can someone help me with this problem? I have the configuration files
>>> ready for those who wants to have a look at them (mod_jk.conf (auto
>>> generated), httpd.conf (where I include mod_jk.conf), server.xml and
>>> workers.properties). You can find the config files here:
>>> http//excessivedarkness.org/conf/
>> You forgot the : in the url.
>

> Sorry
>

>> That has to be the biggest mod_jk.conf I've ever seen. You may want to
>> start with something
>> simple.
>

> Most probably. It's automatically configured.
>

>> What did the logs show after you tried to access the manager app via httpd?
>>
>> Did you try the url as
>>
>> http://hostname/manager/html/
>>
>> ?
>

> Yes, that's where it goes to when you click Tomcat Manager, that's where the
> 404 error pops up.

You need to show us the config and the relevant log part.

Can you use the manager when directly talking to Tomcat (using its HTTP
conector)?

Can you use any other context when connecting via the web server, so is
the problem manager specific, or does your whole Apache/mod_jk/Tomcat
setup not work?

Regards,

Rainer