tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.yu>
Subject Re: Regarding Error 404-please help!
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:51:13 GMT
laura fu wrote:
> Hi Tomcat, How are you? I am new to using Apache Tomcat and am in the process of learning
it. I came across this problem while i was setting it up, please kindly take a look, i just
need a little push in the right direction.  I saved my work HelloWorld.java in the folder
in "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\jjolt\WEB-INF\classes". When i type in
the address: "http://localhost:8080/jjolt/servlet/HelloWorld" , i am supposed to see "Hello
World" displayed on my browser, but instead i saw this:
> HTTP Status 404 - /jjolt/servlet/HelloWorld
>
> type Status reportmessage /jjolt/servlet/HelloWorlddescription The requested resource
(/jjolt/servlet/HelloWorld) is not available.

Can you post web.xml file from jjolt application?

It seems like you didn't configure servlet mapping.

-Ognjen