tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: stupid tomcat/eclipse question
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 12:56:01 GMT
 >> The error clearly indicates that servlet-api.jar is missing from the
classpath. It should be located under CATALINA_HOME\lib in case of TC 6.

You would think so but it's not the case.

NoClassDefFoundErrors are seldom so clear. They do a nice job of hiding
the root cause. In this case it was two copies of some totally unrelated
class needed by a servlet that caused the error. I posted on the
solution yesterday,