tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Barry Fawthrop <>
Subject Re: Remote RSS Feeds
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 20:47:27 GMT

Martin Gainty wrote:
> take a look at this fairly intuitive tutorial at
> /WEB-INF/rssutils.tld
> WEB-INF/lib/rssutils.jar
> ?
> Martin
> Disclaimer and confidentiality note
> Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender.
within this transmission.
>> Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:00:16 -0400
>> Subject: Remote RSS Feeds
>> My very first JSP application
>> (perhaps too much for my first app.)
>> Trying setup and home portal page.
>> That reads three remote RSS feeds (news, weather, etc...)
>> It will work for the first few seconds and then stops.
>> I have to restart the tomcat 6.0.18 server and then it all works again..
>> (1) Tried using my own DocumentBuilder.parse
>>     Now
>> (2) Using  rssutils.tld
>> Both Report FileNotFoundException.
>> As I say it works, and then stops So it's not a code issue.
>> It would appear to me, that it remembers the connection and the blocks
>> that connection after it closes.
>> I have tried connecting and then waiting and connecting again. Thinking
>> that the RSS site only allows a one connection within one second.
>> So it's not that.
>> It appears more that the connection stays open or is blocked from making
>> a second connection.
>> Any help Please!!
>> For additional commands, e-mail:
> Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live.

Thank You,

But as I said it works, but then quits working.
I have it installed according to the same link, and proof that is works
is I get the page, and I can press refresh a number of times and still
get the feed. BUT  if I wait a few seconds (25+) then it quits and comes
back with a 500 Error code which breaks down to a FileNotFoundException

It's the sporadic nature on/off that is puzzling

Thanks All

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: